Reconnect with nature in Monterey. Tee off on spectacular golf courses. Experience a whale watching tour on Monterey Bay. Explore idyllic beaches, parks, and hiking trails. Bike along the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail. Authentic local experiences are few steps away.
- Whale watching tours with Adventures by the Sea
- Cruise 17-mile Drive along the coast to Pebble Beach
- Kayak Monterey Bay from Fisherman's Wharf
- Bike the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail
- Walk the 2.7-mile Monterey Path of History to local landmarks
- Road trip down the coast to Carmel and Big Sur for stunning views
Parks & Hiking Trails
Chase birdies on the Monterey Peninsula. Play the most beautiful and challenging golf courses on the California coast. From the links at Pebble Beach to the Nicklaus layout at The Club at Pasadera, the courses in Monterey will blow you away.
Explore the beautiful beaches of Monterey. Whether kayaking from McAbee Beach, walking the boardwalk at Del Monte or swimming at the Municipal Beach, Monterey is the ultimate beach destination.
- McAbee Beach - This small beach and cove below Cannery Row is a scenic spot kayaking and scuba diving.
- Monterey Municipal Beach - Adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf, this beach is popular for sunbathing, swimming, and kayaking.
- Del Monte Beach - Swim, boogie board, sea kayak, and chill on this scenic beach. Walk the boardwalk through the dunes and enjoy a picnic on the sand.
- San Carlos Beach - At the west end of Cannery Row, San Carlos Beach is popular spot for scuba diving, swimming, body surfing and relaxing on the sand.
- Monterey State Beach - This beautiful state beach on the southern end of Monterey Bay is great for walking, sunbathing, swimming, paragliding, fishing, and sea kayaking.
Renew Your Spirit in Monterey
Need a break after all this? A day in nature? A romantic getaway? Head to California's central coast to the beautiful parks, beaches, hiking trails, bike paths, and byways in Monterey. Discover breathtaking ocean views, coastal trails that wind along the beach, and nature's serenity. Renew and recharge with Inns of Monterey