The Highest Standards of Cleaning
Before You Get Here
Throughout The Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants throughout the hotel and accessible by guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles and refrigerators.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only.
- Additional pillows and blankets are by request only.
- No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Our room keys are sanitized after each use
- Pre-registration is encouraged for touchless check-in and check-out.
- Scheduled check-in times are an option with private meet and greet to avoid the need for front desk interaction.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers.
- Gloves and masks will be worn with all food service staff.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the front and back of house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage guests who consider themselves high risk to check with their health care professional before traveling.
From Our General Manager
Are the beaches in Monterey open?
Yes. The beaches in Monterey are now open for recreation and relaxation. Monterey Bay Inn is just a short walk to the beach.
Are the restaurants in Monterey open?
Yes, many restaurants in Monterey are open for indoor dining, patio, take-out, home and curbside delivery. Nearby restaurants include Estéban at our sister property, Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa or Lalla Oceanside Grill.