The Highest Standards of Cleaning
Before You Get Here
- Throughout The Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants throughout the hotel and accessible by guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles and refrigerators.
- Additional pillows and blankets are by request only.
- No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Our room keys are sanitized after each use
- Pre-registration is encouraged for touchless check-in and check-out.
- Scheduled check-in times are an option with private meet and greet to avoid the need for front desk interaction.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- Food Services
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers.
- Gloves and masks will be worn with all food service staff.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the front and back of house.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage guests who consider themselves high risk to check with their health care professional before traveling.
From Our General Manager
- Are the beaches in Monterey open? Yes. The beaches in Monterey are now open for recreation and relaxation. Monterey Bay Inn is just a short walk to the beach.
- Are the restaurants in Monterey open? Yes, many restaurants in Monterey are open for indoor dining, patio, take-out, home and curbside delivery. Nearby restaurants include Estéban at our sister property, Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa or Lalla Oceanside Grill.